Deadline extended to July 31!
This summer we’re inviting flight students to get creative to earn $1,000 for their organization or school with our #AP3SummerFun Video Challenge. Gather your flight team, aviation student organization (OBAP, WAI, Alpha Eta Rho chapter, etc.) or flight school friends to create a video about why you love aviation, your school and AP3. To enter, post your video on Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #AP3SummerFun between June 1 and July 31
Who can enter?
The contest is open to all Airline Pilot Pathway Program (AP3) members age 18 and older. Students are encouraged to participate as a group (think flight team, aviation student organization, Alpha Eta Rho chapter, etc.). Each team must designate one person as their representative to post the entry and to accept the prize on behalf of the team. This will be the person contacted if your video is deemed the winner.
How do I make the video?
Use any device to capture your video, and any style, format, theme and idea you’d like. The more creative the better! We do have a few guidelines:
- Do not use footage that was obtained by breaking FAA rules or any other laws (e.g. filming in the flight deck while in flight)
- Include why you love aviation, your school and AP3
- Bonus points for a shout-out to your EPIC Ambassador(s)
- If you need music for your video, we encourage you to create your own or use a legally purchased (or free!) track (here are two good websites for copyright-free music: freestockmusic.com, audiojungle.net)
How do I submit the video?
All videos must be posted on a personal or organization Facebook or Instagram page between June 1 and July 13 with the hashtag #AP3SummerFun. You may submit as many videos as you’d like during that timeframe to up your chances of earning $1,000 for your organization or school. Only videos posted to Facebook or Instagram with the hashtag #AP3SummerFun will be considered.
What are the prizes?
The first place team will win a $1,000 grant to their organization or school, ExpressJet-branded gear, free simulator sessions in Atlanta or Houston, and a dinner with ExpressJet. Runners up will receive ExpressJet-branded gear.
The $1,000 grand prize will be made out to the organization it was submitted under. For example, if John Doe submitted the winning video on behalf of the College Flight Team, the check will be made out to College Flight Team. If the winning video is submitted by an individual, non-affiliated group or an organization without a formal governing authority, the grant will be made out to the winners’ flight school.
Other prizes will be given to/coordinated with the person who submitted the winning submission. The selection committee will not be involved in dividing up the prize among teams or otherwise, nor will the committee be involved in any disputes among teams or collaborators.
What are the judging criteria?
A review committee of pilot recruiters will judge each video on the following criteria. Each criterion will be judged on a 1-5 point scale, and weighted as described below:
- Followed all guidelines – 20%
- Creativity – 50%
- Demonstrated a passion for aviation – 10%
- Showed school pride – 10%
- Included AP3 – 10%
- EPIC Ambassador Shout-out – Bonus 10%
How will winners be notified?
The selection committee will notify the winner using the social media platform the video was submitted through. We expect to name a winner on July 15, 2016. You must respond to this notification within three days. As a condition of receiving your prize, you (and members of your team, if applicable) must sign an affidavit confirming that you followed all rules and are otherwise eligible to receive the prize (including having secured all necessary permissions to incorporate third party content in your video).
- You must enter your submission online during the entry period by posting the video on your personal social media platforms with the designated hashtag. Submissions without the hashtag will not be considered or judged.
- Video must be less than three minutes in length (including opening and closing credits).
- Video must be narrated in the English language.
- Video must not infringe any third party copyright or trademark, or violate the rights of any person or entity, unless written consent is received. Only use content in your video that you are authorized to use, including, but not limited to music, images, film clips and other intellectual property.
- To be eligible for the prizes, you (and/or your team) must be the copyright owners of the video and all of its component parts, or you must have express permission via a license or otherwise to use and incorporate all material authored or owned by third parties into the video. Note that this provision is not intended to preclude you from incorporating public domain content into your video.
- Video may not contain images or likenesses of any individuals who have not provided their authorization to have their images or likenesses used for the purposes contemplated herein.
- Video may not contain material that is obscene, defamatory, libellous, threatening, pornographic, offensive, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability, or violates any law (including, without limitation, the privacy or publicity rights of any individual whose likeness appears in the video).
By entering into this contest, you consent to the use of your name and other personal information submitted through your entry (including, but not limited to your social media handle and school affiliation) in promotions and other publications.
Remember to use the #AP3SUMMERFUN hashtag when posting your videos online. Good luck!