Did you know that ExpressJet Airlines offers internships for students interested in a career in flight operations? An internship at ExpressJet provides you with the opportunity to gain an inside look at the aviation industry from a regional airline’s perspective.
Interns are able to see the daily functions and career possibilities in aviation, and work in the fast-paced environment managing one of the best and biggest regional airlines in the country. You’ll gain valuable professional experience that you will be able to apply to various aspects of your potential career.
This is an opportunity to learn from our engaged pilot recruiting team members, make valuable and lasting contributions to ExpressJet, and gain a network of mentors who are invested in helping you develop both personally and professionally.
This is a competitive, paid internship opportunity. Interns will earn $9.25/hour for 28/hours per week, and will also receive personal flight privileges (free and reduced fare travel) for the duration of the internship. The curriculum of our internship program allows for it to be counted toward college credit at many colleges and universities across the county.
We tailor each internship the individual. If you’re interested in a particular subject or project, we’ll make sure you get an opportunity to pursue that. While no two days are the same at ExpressJet, here are some of the items you can expect to participate in:
- Assist in the coordination and execution of pilot recruiting events
- Provide supplementary support to EPIC Ambassadors
- Conduct guided facility tours
- Contribute in electronically disseminating information to Airline Pathway Program members
- Attend on-site activities (career fairs, industry events, etc.) as needed
- Support various office administrative duties
- Must be a college student/recent graduate with an interest in an aviation-related career
- Solid organizational and project management abilities
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Ability to participate within a multi-disciplinary team as well as acting autonomously as appropriate
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Must hold a commercial engine rating
Applications for our fall semester interns are due by May 31. Remember, you will arrive as an intern but leave as member of the ExpressJet family.